North American Palladium of Toronto has expanded the platinum group metals zone at the Sunday Lake property, 25 km northeast of Thunder Bay and 60 km south of NAP’s Lac des Iles mill. The current campaign is focused on a large PGM zone and copper-nickel sulphide mineralization in the deeper portions of the Sunday Lake mafic-ultramafic intrusion.

NAP is the operator and earning a 75% interest at Sunday Lake, and Transition Metals Corp. owns the remaining 25%.

The best assays to date have been returned from recent drilling. Here are some highlights:

  • Hole SL-19-026: 41.2 metres with 3.22 g/t platinum, 2.08 g/t palladium and 0.23 g/t gold, 0.57% copper and 0.19% nickel, including 15.8 metres of 9.11 g/t PGMs with 0.88% copper and 0.24% nickel, including an 8.3-metre subinterval grading 13.06 g/t PGM, 1.23% copper and 0.32% nickel;
  • Hole SL-19-29: 32.0 metres with 3.35 g/t PGM, including 8.2 metres of 5.44 g/t PGM and 0.52% copper;
  • Hole SL-19-25: 14.8 metres with 2.33 g/t PGM and 0.29% copper, including 2.3 metres with 4.11 g/t PGM and 0.48% copper and 1.6 metres with 5.18 g/t PGM and 0.70% copper; and
  • Hole SL-19-30: 20.61 metres with 1.87 g/t PGM, including 5.5 metres of 3.67 g/t PGM and 0.83% copper.
    Based on prior drill results, NAP believes the PGM and base metal mineralization is a near continuous blanket with a north-south extent of about 1.5 km and an east-west extent of 900 metres.

(This article first appeared in the Canadian Mining Journal)

Posted by